“Snap, crackle, pop!” One of the homemade snacks my kids always enjoy are RICE KRISPY SQUARES! Rice krispy squares do not require a complicated list of ingredients, but I can guarantee you that they’ll make your loved ones very happy! Melt marshmallows in a pot and stir in the crunchy rice cereal…cool the delightful mixture in a baking pan, slice into square shapes and voila! Crunchy, chewy and sticky – so many textures in this sugary treat. Not hard to make at all, and the difference in taste between homemade rice krispy squares and the store-bought ones – which are filled with artificial taste and unnecessary preservatives – is phenomenal!
3 Tbsp butter
1 package (10 oz, about 40) regular marshmallows (or 4 cups miniature marshmallows)
6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
2. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add rice krispies cereal immediately. Stir until it is well coated.
4. Using a buttered spatula or spoon, press evenly into a baking pan.
5. Cool and cut into into 2-inch squares.