I am still enjoying having an oven again. Bought some bananas before Thanksgiving and forgot all about them. In the hot and humid country where I now live, they had gone all spotty and brown in just a few days. Perfect time to make Banana Bread!
This banana bread is great for breakfast or tea time. It is incredibly moist due to the sour cream. If you don’t have any sour cream on hand, the recipe works too without it – just not so moist.
1/2 cup or 125 g butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup bananas, mashed (2 or 3 bananas)
1 and 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 deg C). Cream butter and sugar together.
2. Mix in vanilla, bananas and eggs.
3. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and blend in with the other ingredients.
4. Add sour cream and nuts. Blend well to make sure the sour cream is evenly distributed.
5. Pour into a loaf pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 and 1/4 hours, depending on the efficiency of your oven. Test for done-ness by putting a toothpick in the loaf and it is done if it comes out clean with no wet bits sticking to it. Makes 10 thick slices.